Monday, September 28, 2009

And we're off to Patagonia...

So I have to admit, I’m a little nervous about traveling to Patagonia alone. It being a place that has inspired so many, with its desolate landscapes, is a little bit daunting. I don’t know why. Perhaps it will be the cure for my quarter-life crisis. Who knows? Vamos a ver…

I had to say goodbye to the girls, Ilana and Allie last night, and to my growing collections of scarves, purses, and everything trendy that I have here. Hello to the life of a mochilera (backpacker), my new title for the next month. I managed t fit all my short-sleeved shirts and tank tops, then only a few long-sleeved shirts, for layering and probably continuous wear in Patagonia.

I had the best meal I’ve had in a while, or since Melissa left! Allie, Ilana, and I went to Fervor, a newer restaurant known for its seafood, which is uncommon in BsAs. Ilana and I shared this Parrillada de Mariscos, with shrimp, squid, unbelievably good octopus, and four different kinds of fish, including the North Atlantic pink salmon we know in the states, which is pretty rare around here. We also got a free dessert, the fruity ice creams of the house, just for being pretty girls…which happens somewhat often here. I’m not sure if the waiters just want to look at us longer, or what. But the fish and fruity flavors were just what I needed to feel like a normal, healthy-eating person again…and not a gordita! I’m excited to embark on my backpacker’s diet…skipping the pricey restaurants for salads, sandwiches, and bus food. I’m hoping my budgeting skills will overpower my love to dine and eat well in Argentina! Again, vamos a ver…

And, we’re taking off for Ushuaia…here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment